Table of Contents
- The Key To Great Dental Content for Social Media Is Personality Power!
- Ready to take your dental practice’s social media channels to the next level?
- What Does Alligator Hunting Have to Do With Dental Content for Social Media?
- Smart Dental Content for Social Media Taps a Practice’s Personalities
- One More Example…
- We Hear This From Our Clients Again And Again
- Dental Content For Social Media, Action Item:
- Need a new dental website? We can help!
The Key To Great Dental Content for Social Media Is Personality Power!
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN on an alligator hunt? I haven’t either. But dental assistant April Hamrick has, and it makes great dental content for social media. In fact, based on the blog post Cranford Dental posted last week, it sounds like there’s a lot of competition in drawing an alligator hunting license in the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources lottery!
What Does Alligator Hunting Have to Do With Dental Content for Social Media?
Glad you asked. Nothing. However, an alligator hunting blog post has a LOT to do with demonstrating a practice’s ability to connect with their patients, which is the key to dental social media.
Smart Dental Content for Social Media Taps a Practice’s Personalities
Cranford Dental does an outstanding job of blending personal blog content with dental-related posts. Here are two more recent examples of personal social media for dentists posts that strengthen patient relationships. Take a look at the engagement taking place as demonstrated in the comments below each post. Do you think people get this engaged with posts about root canals, sedation, or veneers?
One More Example…
…with 23 responses!
We Hear This From Our Clients Again And Again
Every dental or orthodontic practice has a culture — including yours. Every person who works in your practice has quirks, and quirks are great things when you lay them out there in thoughtful, interesting ways. And by the way, just because I’ve used the word “quirk” doesn’t necessarily mean that everything has to be “quirky”. Everyday things can work pretty well too! If you’ve heard me speak at a dental marketing event recently, you may have seen this quote from one of our clients:
Dental Content For Social Media, Action Item:
It’s time to dig a little deeper and enlist increased help from your team. Discover the things team members are passionate about. This isn’t hard! Why? Because people LIKE talking about the things they’re passionate about!
Since you’re putting an editorial calendar together right now outlining topics for your next few months of blog posts, I’m challenging you to make some specific assignments to have certain team members contribute.
Your dental content for social media posts don’t need to be long, just heartfelt. Include photos. Include video when appropriate and available. The viral potential of these kinds of posts is great because your team members will happily share them, as will some of your patients. And many of the prospective new patients who see those shared items live smack-dab in the middle of your practice’s geographic area of influence.
In addition to your team, don’t forget to enlist the help of other practice shareholders.
That’s right… Alligator hunting doesn’t sell dental procedures. But you’re not selling dentistry. You’re building relationships that, in the long run, result in more dentistry being sold. You’re earning permission and trust as you weave the benefits of great dentistry into your content mix. You can do this! Your dental content for social media doesn’t always need to be specifically about dental topics. You and your team members are also great topics, and future patients need to know about you and see you as real people they can trust and get along with.
By the way, can you help me?
I need your help. Please add to this conversation! We love seeing your ideas and feedback. What’s one “quirk” that you or a team member is willing to package and put out there? Please let us know in the comment section below. Then, after your post is published, please provide us with the link. Thanks! We can’t wait to see your team-focused dental content for social media!
This post is part of the series 26 Dental Social Media Marketing Truths.
Related Blogs About Dental Content for Social Media:
- Social Media For Dentists: The Key To Finding New Patients
- 3 Simple Steps To Bring In New Patients With Dental Office Social Media
- Effective Dentists Social Media Requires Your Voice
- Extraordinary Social Media Content For Dentists Is About Connection
- 3 Instagram Tips For Better Social Media
Dental Content for Social Media Q&A
- How do you create dental content on social media? Posting about dental topics that your patients ask about is a great place to start, or you could take advantage of the vast library of content My Social Practice is constantly updating.
- Do dentists need social media? Social media is the modern town square, and dental content for social media is the best way to get the word out about your practice. If you’re doing dental social media right, patients will feel comfortable with your team before they’ve even met you in person. Great social media marketing for dentists is a great icebreaker and an essential tool to fight against dental anxiety.
- How do you market a dental practice on Instagram? A dental office’s Instagram page is a powerful way to connect with your dental patients and potential patients in the same way friends connect with friends. It’s a way to take control of your practice’s online dental reputation.
- What are some great dental post ideas? You could weigh in on a controversial topic like dangerous dental fads or charcoal toothpaste, or you could make a short video that copies a popular meme format and applies it to something in dentistry.
- Where to start with dental social media content? A great way to start is by working with experts like the team at My Social Practice, who have years of experience working with dental practices on all the major social media platforms and optimizing your website on search engines.
About the Author: Adrian Lefler is a dental marketing expert and a key member of the dental social media team at My Social Practice. My Social Practice is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Adrian is passionate about helping dental practices grow through great dental content for social media. Interested in learning more about the benefits of social media for dentists please schedule a complimentary consultation. And, don’t forget to read our Google My Business reviews.