SPEEDVALE DENTAL CENTRE in Guelph, Ontario is a relatively new dental social media marketing client here at My Social Practice, but you wouldn’t know it based on the amazing things they’ve been doing with their dental social media marketing to strengthen patient relationships and grow their practice. And along the way, they’ve made some awesome discoveries we’d like to share with you.
Table of Contents
- Learning To Notice And Create Dental Social Media Marketing Opportunities
- Patients Consider You MORE Than A Dental Office
- Showing You Care Draws New Patients
- Being Personal Makes You Approachable
- A Strong Online Presence Builds Credibility
- Consistent Interaction Leads To Stronger Relationships And Growth
- We asked Ándrea…
- Become A “Social Practice” Like Speedvale Dental Centre By Becoming Our Client
- Ready To Begin Finding New patients with Social Media Dental Marketing?
Learning To Notice And Create Dental Social Media Marketing Opportunities
Speedvale Dental Center is great at capturing, creating, and sharing social moments. One secret, as explained by dental hygienist Ándrea Naismith, is, “We spend time talking about social media in the office. We remind each other in our morning huddle to look for moments during the day to use our Social Signs. There’s always someone around the office with the camera capturing fun moments as they happen. By staying in the habit of taking photos, we never miss out on awesome moments.”
Patients Consider You MORE Than A Dental Office
Ándrea continues, “Before we started working with My Social Practice, we assumed that our patients didn’t think about us outside of their six month visits, and didn’t care to know what was going on with us. We were wrong. The more we see our patients interacting with us through social media, the more surprised we are. Our patients do indeed care to keep up to date with events in the office and actually care to know us as people. We are more than just a dental office to them… We are friends!”
Showing You Care Draws New Patients
Again, from Ándrea, “We have had many new patients from Facebook and our blog. One new patient said that she saw how involved we are in our community, and from this she knew we would care well for her and her family. We are finding that people care less about the work we do and more about the kind of people we are.”
Being Personal Makes You Approachable
People (patients) look for common ground. It’s the way humans are wired. Ándrea told us, “The posts that feature photos of us having fun around the office and in the community generate the biggest response. People love seeing that we’re down to earth. It creates stronger relationships and loyalty. It makes a dental visit feel less intimidating.”
A Strong Online Presence Builds Credibility
Ándrea wrote, “If our patients refer us to their friends it is really beneficial that their friends can look us up on social media. It makes our patients feel like there is more credibility behind their referral.”
Consistent Interaction Leads To Stronger Relationships And Growth
About social media, Ándrea said, “It has absolutely improved our relationship with our patients. It has us talking and interacting with patients outside of their 6 month check ups which is hugely beneficial. We have patients coming in and asking us about something funny they saw on Facebook or wishing a staff member a Happy Birthday because they saw a post. It has definitely built a stronger sense of loyalty with our patients and we believe that will continue with more and more patients as we grow our social media platform.”
We asked Ándrea…
We asked Ándrea what sort of feedback patients had given them about social media. She said, “We had one patient in particular call our office just to tell us how much he liked our Facebook page. He said that in his opinion most businesses ‘really screw up social media’ but he thought that we were doing better than any business he has seen. Patients love the mix of educational and fun content, which in our opinion is all thanks to the tips and training from My Social Practice!”
Lesson Learned: Your patients really do notice your social media efforts. If you post a variety of good content on a regular basis it can help you better interact and relate with your patients.
We asked Ándrea to list another benefit of social media marketing, she said, “Patients love all of our events that have been advertised through social media such as the post Halloween Sweet Swap. They have really been getting engaged with these events.”
Lesson Learned: We’re so glad you’ve seen how valuable social media can be in making patients aware of and getting them excited for special events. When you share events online it makes them easy to find and share.
We wanted to know what items or services provided by My Social Practice have been the most helpful to Speedvale Dental Centre. Ándrea responded with, “I would say that all the training around why Facebook is important to us as a practice has been the most beneficial. Social media was something we tried before working with My Social Practice but we were unsuccessful. We didn’t post to Facebook often as we didn’t want to be to overbearing or annoying to our patients. We thought that our patients wouldn’t be interested in what we have to say or what we do around the office but My Social Practice has shown us that our patients really do care about us as much as we care about them. We are fairly new clients to My Social Practice and therefore haven’t begun to tap into all the social media outlets that are provided but seeing how to properly use Facebook alone has improved our practice culture has been amazing. We can’t wait to see where we can take this.”
Lesson Learned: Social media is a great (and relatively easy) way to show your patients you care. We are happy you’ve had so much success with Facebook and look forward to you having success with other social media tools.
To the team at Speedvale Dental Center… Congratulations!
Become A “Social Practice” Like Speedvale Dental Centre By Becoming Our Client
My Social Practice provides highly creative ideas, content, strategy and support to ensure your practice’s social media marketing success in just 10 minutes a day.
Affordable, Super Creative Ideas & Content
- Fresh Concepts, Images, and Writing That Makes YOUR PRACTICE Shine – Our creative raises you above the noise. All we do is designed to make YOUR PRACTICE (not us) look awesome, and to help you build a thriving practice.
- Benefit From The Leading Dental Social Media Experts – No need for you to distill everything out there. We’re dental marketing specialists and we’ll save you time and hassle. It’s all we do… It shows in the quality and effectiveness of our program.
- Creativity With Sound Objectives – Everything we create leads directly to actionable tactics and strategies that help grow your practice.
Dental Social Media Marketing Strategies That Are Proven
- Ease and Speed – You can be effective in only 10 minutes a day (and even more effective if you carve out 30 additional minutes a week) when you know what to do and how to do it. We show you how. We make it easy.
- Owning Your Voice – We do the heavy lifting, but YOUR contribution is what makes the difference. We make it easy for you to contribute.
Remarkable, Personalized Support
- The Consistency You Need To Be Successful – We keep your efforts consistent regardless of your level of participation.
- Helping Your Practice Be Accountable – Effectiveness comes through combined efforts of our company and you. You’re never alone in making this work.
Ready To Begin Finding New patients with Social Media Dental Marketing?
About the Author: Jack Hadley is a dental marketing expert and one of the founding members of My Social Practice. My Social Practice is a digital dental marketing company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Jack is passionate about helping dental practices grow. If you’d like to book Jack or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that HERE. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dentists, our dental websites service? Learn More Here.