ARE YOU STILL STRUGGLING TO CONNECT THE DOTS BETWEEN blogging for dentists and growing your practice? For some, blogging still feels like something you do when you’re sharing vacation photos with your family. But for those dental practices that understand social media marketing strategy, blog posts are one of the great ways to share information about the specific services they offer.
An Excellent Example From One Of Our Clients
Check out the example below from one of our awesome clients, Breese Dental Care. This summer, they’re offering free consultations to discuss sleep apnea treatment with existing and prospective patients.
To promote consultations, we helped them publish a blog post about sleep apnea. Then, they shared the post on their Facebook page with a link back to the full blog post. They also spent a few dollars promoting the post to boost its reach.
Not sure how to promote a Facebook post? Here’s a short video we created to help you:
Check out these results! 3,600 people reached!
A Significant Spike In Consultation Calls
Breese Dental Care did a number of things right, and as a result they’ve told us they’re getting a lot of calls from people with questions about sleep apnea, and from people interested in setting up a treatment consultation.
So Why Use A Blog Post?
We recently published an article outlining the seven benefits of blogging for dentists. Aside from these benefits, keep in mind how consumers are bombarded with advertising, offers, and deals. When you educate through a blog post you take the opportunity to extend the discussion to the “why”. In other words, banging people over the head with the “what” and the “how”—using techniques like coupons—makes you seem like a used car salesman instead of a thoughtful healthcare professional.
When you care enough to educate, you don’t have to sell. Patients and prospective patients sell themselves.
Ways To Promote Your Blog Posts
Be sure your blog posts:
- have the information necessary to help patients understand the service
- have a strong call to action (and in this case, there was a limited-time offer)
- are interesting and well formatted
- provide value and benefit
Try these techniques to promote your posts to patients and prospective patients:
- Post a link on your Facebook page and consider promoting it to increase visibility as shown above.
- Send an email to your patients directing them to the post (we provide this as a service to our clients, by the way).
- Share the link on your other social media platforms including Google+, Twitter, etc.
- Don’t be shy about sharing it several times as only a percentage of your fans will see it each time. Try posting at different times, aiming at different audiences.
Is YOUR Practice Ready To Become A Social Practice?
At My Social Practice, we empower our dental clients to achieve the benefits of effective social media marketing through creative content and consistent support. We make it simple and easy—requiring 10 minutes a day on your part.
We do that in 3 ways:
1. When Empowered To Participate, You’re Effective – Your participation is what makes social media effective. We create the in-practice printed materials and the online tools you need.
2. Remarkable, Creative Content – Awesome content provides value, engages, shares practice culture, boosts your clout, and strengthens relationships.
3. Consistency And Strategy That Ensure Success – When social media marketing is easy and fun you become consistent. Our support makes that affordable and possible. You need not market alone.
Ready To Begin Finding Dental Patients with Digital Dental Marketing?
About the Author: Jack Hadley is a dental marketing expert and one of the founding members of My Social Practice. My Social Practice is a digital dental marketing company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Jack is passionate about helping dental practices grow. If you’d like to book Jack or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that HERE. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dentists, our dental websites service? Learn More Here.