Table of Contents
- Want to learn how to use patient emails to get greater marketing traction on Facebook? Here’s a simple idea we’ve shown lots of our clients, that works!
- Email is an effective, easy way to occasionally “end run” Facebook’s pay door. Here’s how to do it:
- Is YOUR Practice Ready To Become A Social Practice?
Want to learn how to use patient emails to get greater marketing traction on Facebook? Here’s a simple idea we’ve shown lots of our clients, that works!
There are only three groups of people on Facebook:
- Everyone who is on Facebook
- Your patients who are on Facebook
- And your patients’ friends, family members, and coworkers who are on Facebook
After you’ve spent time and effort building a fan base there, Facebook created a “pay-to-play” model that limits access to your fans unless you boost your posts or run ads. Now, there’s huge value in spending a little money to reach your fan base. At My Social Practice, we show you how.
Email is an effective, easy way to occasionally “end run” Facebook’s pay door. Here’s how to do it:
Find something interesting to post, take a photo, and prepare a simple email to your patient base. Our clients use our MSP Publisher tool to quickly do that. If you’re not yet one of our clients, there are a number of easy ways to send an email to your patients.
Prior to sending the email, create a Facebook post. Facebook creates a unique URL you’ll use as a link in the email you send. Now, when people open the email, they can click straight through to the post on Facebook from their desktop computer or on their phone. Once you’ve gone around Facebook’s pay door two things happen.
First, there’s no more pay-to-play business model and second, Facebook’s algorithm that determines who sees your post is driven by the personal preferences and profiles of your patients! Which means that the potential for viral reach becomes much, much greater. Which in turn, increases top-of-mind awareness for your practice.
And please, please, please don’t say, “My patients don’t like getting email from me.” It’s probably because most of you have been sending them garbage for so long! We’ve found that when our client practices consistently send fun, valuable content via email, patients love it and appreciate it. And the typically high open rates on email makes it very effective.
So make sure you’re working hard to keep your patient emails up-to-date and complete. Not just for taking advantage of this Facebook idea, but as an important part of many more effective marketing ideas to come.
Is YOUR Practice Ready To Become A Social Practice?
We empower dental, ortho, and eye care practices to effectively leverage social media marketing in 10 minutes a day by providing support and creative content. Here are the three benefits:
- When You Participate, You’re Effective – We provide both the digital online and in-practice printed materials you need.
- Awesome Content – Content that engages, strengthens relationships and provides value gets shared.
- Consistency Ensures Success – When using social media is easy you become consistent—without spending lots of time. We make that possible and affordable. You need not do it alone!
If you’re not yet one of our valued clients, contact us to visit!
Ready To Begin Finding Dental Patients with Digital Dental Marketing?
About the Author: Jack Hadley is a dental marketing expert and one of the founding members of My Social Practice. My Social Practice is a digital dental marketing company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Jack is passionate about helping dental practices grow. If you’d like to book Jack or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that HERE. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dentists, our dental websites service? Learn More Here.