Shyness, time constraints, and fear of being annoying are all reasons your team might not be asking your dental patients for reviews. Achieve reviews success and build relationships by learning the smart and easy way to bring it up with patients.
Online reviews are one of the most crucial parts of an effective dental marketing plan. For nearly 90 percent of consumers, reviews are the first thing they check when deciding to try a local business or service. Positive reviews create powerful word-of-mouth marketing, boost patient retention, and provide valuable feedback you can use to enhance the patient experience. Why then do so few practices have a strong reviews base on Google, Facebook and Yelp?
Asking patients for reviews can be hard. Perhaps your team members may not want to take any more of a patient’s time after an appointment. Maybe they’re afraid of appearing pushy or straining the relationship, or maybe they simply don’t know how to bring it up. In any case, once a patient walks out the door, you’ve largely missed your chance to get a review from them. You need a plan to get patients to write a review from their phone while still in your practice.
5 Tips to Make Asking for Dental Reviews a Snap
Make growing your practice with reviews a team effort. Devote team meeting time to helping each member understand the direct impact reviews have on your business. Remember, if you don’t ask for reviews, chances are you’ll only get one when a patient is unhappy!
Knowing that you’ve provided a great treatment experience, you can confidently and comfortably invite your patients to become advocates for your practice by leaving a review. Follow these guidelines:
- DON’T ask every patient for a review! In your team huddle each morning, pull up the schedule and see who is coming in. Identify one or two of your patients who love your practice and you suspect would be happy to leave you a review.
- Train your whole team, but make specific assignments. Don’t set your team up to fail by saying “OK everyone, we need to get out there today and ask for lots of reviews!” Instead, decide together who will be asking for reviews that day and have them report on how it goes. You know which team members have the closest relationships with each patient. Set them up for success!
- Set a goal and frame your request for reviews around it. Instead of asking for a review, ask your patients for “help in reaching your practice’s reviews goal.” Context matters! Just this small change makes it easier for team members to bring it up. Let patients know that you value their feedback and that this will help you serve them better.
- Offer an incentive—not to patients, but to your team. We’ve found in hundreds of cases that patients don’t need a reward to give a review. Offering an incentive to your team members, however, will help them remember to fit asking for reviews in with all the other things they have to do. Consider giving out individual prizes per review and team rewards as your practice reaches reviews milestones!
- Launch an official reviews campaign. Instead of just mentioning off-hand to your team that you’re looking to get more reviews, create an environment for success by making it a full practice initiative! Schedule team meeting time specifically for talking about reviews progress and brainstorming ideas. Announce your reviews goal in your practice with posters, cards, buttons, and handouts. You know how much reviews can make your practice better—so make it a big deal!
Once you have a steady supply of reviews, learn how to use their full potential in your marketing efforts.
Generate Reviews, Grow Your Practice
The importance of positive patient reviews in dental marketing can’t be overstated. More and more people are turning to Google, Facebook, and Yelp to find the best-rated businesses in their area, and reviews play a large part in who they ultimately decide to call.
Our MSP Reviews service, combined with a consistent team effort, is the fastest, simplest way to generate Google reviews—and it all happens right inside your practice. Utilizing our deep-linking technology, patients receive a text message link on their phone and can leave a review in just a few taps. Contact us for a free demo of MSP Reviews and download our free reviews strategy ebook below for more tips you can start using today!