It’s so fulfilling to get an outstanding review from a happy patient.
But reviews can do much more for you than just bring good feelings. Maximize their potential to grow your dental practice!
As advertising continues to become more sophisticated, the type of marketing people trust the most has remained the same—word-of-mouth. Nothing convinces a potential customer to try a new product or service like a recommendation from a friend or impartial third party.
With the rise of social media, word-of-mouth marketing for dental practices—particularly online reviews—has only become more important. Your potential patients are scanning Google, Facebook, Yelp and other social media services for information about your practice, and positive reviews on each of these platforms will have a major influence on whether or not they decide to call.
But if your practice is simply obtaining reviews and not doing anything with them afterward, you’re leaving many of the benefits of one of your most powerful marketing resources on the table. Leveraging your practice’s positive reviews is an effective way to attract new patients, boost patient retention and strengthen relationships.
5 Easy Ways to Maximize Your Positive Reviews’ Potential
Find simple ways to draw attention to your positive reviews and show gratitude to the patients who write them. Focus your efforts around the three key reviews services: Google, Facebook and Yelp. Here are some ideas you can implement today:
- If you send out a patient newsletter email, make sure to include links to each of your reviews pages. Not only will this boost retention by allowing patients to see the good things people are saying about your practice, but it will also remind them to leave a review as well.
- Feature reviews in a sidebar on your practice’s website or blog. A recent positive review on your front page will greatly enhance a visitor’s first impression of your practice.
- Thank patients that leave particularly good reviews by sharing a social media post about it. Include a photo of the patient with your team and a link to the review. Check out our guidelines on sharing photos that include patients.
- Don’t be afraid to take a little pride in your high rating on Google, Facebook, or Yelp! If you are at or near a 5-star rating on any of these services, incorporate it into all your marketing materials. Thank your patients in practice and online for making you one of the best-rated dental practices in your community!
- Ask your best reviewers if they would also leave reviews on other services. Patients you have especially strong relationships with can be your practice’s best advocates. If you notice they have left a review on one service, thank them and notify them of your presence on other reviews platforms!
Use Reviews to Grow Your Dental Practice
A steady flow of positive reviews can be one of your practice’s greatest marketing tools. Drawing attention to the good things patients are saying about your practice brings in more patients! But how do you obtain those reviews in the first place? Download our free ebook below for a guide to getting reviews, and contact us for a free demo of our reviews service!
Find New Patients Now With Help From Dental Marketing Experts?
About the Author: Blake Hadley is a dental marketing expert and one of the founding members of My Social Practice. My Social Practice is a dental marketing company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Blake is passionate about helping dental practices grow. If you’d like to book Blake or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that HERE. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dentists or our dental websites service, learn more here.