Table of Contents
Anyone Can Now Add Links to Instagram Stories, and It’s Easy!
You no longer have to be verified or have a large following to add a link to your Instagram story!
Previously, Instagram has had strict rules about who is allowed to include a link in a story post. Now anyone can include a link. Yes, anyone!
In the past, users could only include links in stories if they had 10,000 or more followers. That’s why you’d only see businesses or popular influencers telling people to “swipe up for the link!” and everyone else was out of luck.
This is no longer the case! Non-influencers and small businesses like dental practices can now include link stickers in our stories. How do you add a link to your Instagram story? It’s pretty simple.
All you have to do is create a story post, click on the sticker icon in the top navigation bar, select the link “icon”. Add any URL you want to send your followers to, and tap “Done.” Anyone who taps on that sticker in your story will be directed straight to the website link you’ve provided.
To add a Link sticker:
- Capture or upload content to your story
- Select the sticker tool from the top navigation bar
- Tap the “Link” sticker to add your desired link and tap “Done”
- Place the sticker on your story — like other stickers — and tap on the sticker to see color variations
What to use this new feature for to grow your dental practice:
- Share links blog posts on your dental website
- Lead followers to learn more about your team and doctor
- Direct your followers to fill out a contact form on your site
- Link followers to a giveaway or contest page
Instagram says: “We continue to be inspired by the change-makers on our platform and those who want to turn their passion into a living by sharing links. We recently introduced new ways for creators and businesses to reach more fans, engage their community, and grow their reach, and we aim to further support them with access to links.”
Looking for more help on how to use Instagram to grow your practice? Learn a few Instagram = dos and don’t here!