Table of Contents
- Snapping a quick selfie has become a popular way to share even the most routine day-to-day events — like a dental visit. But don’t underestimate the tremendous marketing power of a simple photo, especially one posted by one of your patients.
- Getting Patients to Share
- Tools for Turning Patients Into Advocates
- Find New Patients Now With Help From Dental Marketing Experts?
What’s the most important part of sharing a photo from your dental practice? Lighting? Composition? No — it’s WHO shared it and the effect that has on your marketing efforts.
Many practices get in the same rut of simply posting patient photo after patient photo on social media. While patient photos are an important part of a good social media mix, they’re missing out on much of their potential to attract ideal prospective patients.
One simple change will turn patient photos into amazing marketing tools: instead of you posting it to your practice’s page, have the patient post it to their personal social media account and tag your practice.
This offers several advantages over your practice posting the photo:
- The patient’s friends and family who trust their recommendations will see it
- No HIPAA consent is required
- If your practice’s page doesn’t have many fans, a patient’s post will have better reach
- No additional cost to promote the post
As many of our client practices have discovered, your patients love to share about great experiences with local businesses and want to help your practice grow. Sharing a photo from their dental visit gives them an easy way to become advocates for your practice.
You might think “easier said than done,” but by applying a few simple techniques you can have patients sharing photos in no time. As with all social media efforts, your whole team needs to be on board with it first. Here’s what you can do:
- Use the patient’s phone to take the photo instead of your own.
- If you use your phone, text or email the photo to the patient immediately and encourage them to share it.
- Offer an incentive, such as entry into a prize drawing, for sharing the photo and tagging your practice.
- If you’re a My Social Practice client, simply use the Publisher app’s photo customization and sharing feature to accomplish all this in just a few taps! (The photos in this post were snapped and shared using the Publisher app.)
Tools for Turning Patients Into Advocates
We at My Social Practice have spent years honing our apps and tools to make sharing about your practice as easy and intuitive as possible for both patients and team members. Find out more about our practice campaigns, Publisher app and MSP Reviews service by clicking below to request a free demo!
Find New Patients Now With Help From Dental Marketing Experts?
About the Author: Blake Hadley is a dental digital marketing expert and one of the founding members of My Social Practice. My Social Practice is a dental marketing services company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Blake is passionate about helping dental practices grow. If you’d like to book Blake or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that HERE. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dental practices or our agile dental website development service, you can learn more here.