Table of Contents
- 8 Ideas For Unique Dental Social Media Content
- Social Media For Dentists Trends – That Work
- Dental Social Action Items:
- How do you create dental content on social media?
- Do dentists need social media?
- How do you market a dental practice on Instagram?
- What are some great dental post ideas?
- Where to start with dental social media content?
- Dentist Marketing On TikTok: 4 Video Ideas To Do This Week
- 6 Reasons Custom Dental Graphic Design Improves Practice Growth
- 3 Funny Instagram Dental Marketing Reels Ideas To Do With Your Team
8 Ideas For Unique Dental Social Media Content
YOUR PRACTICE IS UNIQUE. Your practice culture is one-of-a-kind. Each of your team members is extraordinary in his or her own way. Your patients are YOUR patients. Your prospective new patients live and work in a community you love and understand because YOU live there. Make your dental social media strategy, posts, imagery, and promotions specific to YOUR practice.
Social Media For Dentists Trends – That Work
There are some great rules-of-thumb for effective social media for dentists. If you’ve been reading this blog series, “26 Dental Social Media Marketing Truths For Your Practice”, then you’re starting to get a good handle on those. However, you should NEVER feel like you need to adopt any strategy or tactic that doesn’t fit your practice brand, objectives, culture, and image. Some practices are very formal. Some are more laid back. That’s OK!
Here’s an example below. Dr. Herron and his team have taken a unique approach to regularly (and sometimes seasonally) changing their Facebook cover image. It works great for them. It may work great for you too… But if it doesn’t, that’s OK!
Dental Social Action Items:
Here’s what I want you to do. It’s easy. Read through the eight questions below and decide which ones fit your practice culture and brand. Then set a goal and execute on one of them each month. Do one, or do all eight!
- Is a Patient Of The Month program right for you?
- How about changing up your Facebook cover image once in a while? (see examples above!)
- Would a Facebook Weekly Trivia Contest fit your practice brand?
- Is it about time in your practice for a Patient Appreciation Party?
- Should you be blogging about team members to strengthen patient relationships?
- Would a simple video series, talking directly to patients, fit your practice brand?
- Could you benefit from Instagram in your practice using our turn-key promotion?
- Have you created a fun incentive for your team to help build Facebook Likes?
C’mon bucky… Let’s get this party started!
Social media is the modern town square, and dental content for social media is the best way to get the word out about your practice. If you’re doing dental social media right, patients will feel comfortable with your team before they’ve even met you in person. Great social media marketing for dentists is a great icebreaker and an essential tool to fight against dental anxiety.
You could weigh in on a controversial topic like dangerous dental fads or charcoal toothpaste, or you could make a short video that copies a popular meme format and applies it to something in dentistry.
A great way to start is by working with experts like the team at My Social Practice, who have years of experience working with dental practices on all the major social media platforms and optimizing your website on search engines.
About the Author: Adrian Lefler is a dental marketing expert and a key member of the dental social media team at My Social Practice. My Social Practice is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Adrian is passionate about helping dental practices grow. Interested in learning more about the benefits of social media for dentists please schedule a complimentary consultation. And, don’t forget to read our Google My Business reviews.