IN THE OLDEN DAYS (say… two or three years ago), videos were cool but they were a bit of a pain to shoot, manage, store, upload, distribute, etc. Now, it’s much easier—and, videos are an awesome component of a complete social media marketing strategy. They’re fun to share and they often lead to engagement and reach.
Your YouTube channel is a perfect place for uploading, hosting, and sharing—especially with the many new changes that YouTube has implemented recently! We encourage you to become familiar with, and take advantage of this awesome tool. We’ll show you how.
For starters, here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial about uploading a video to your YouTube channel.
1. Log in to your YouTube account.
2. Click “Upload” in the top right-hand corner.
3. Click the “Select files from your computer” button…
…OR, now you can simply drag the file from your computer and drop it anywhere on the page!
4. Add a little information about your video:
- a. give it a title
- b. give it a description
- c. tag it (a simple way to label it for search, perhaps include the word “dentist” and your city name, etc.)
- d. choose a category that best fits
- e. choose a privacy setting (MOST OFTEN USE “PUBLIC” unless you have some compelling reason to do otherwise)
- f. choose a license setting (MOST OFTEN USE “STANDARD” unless you have some compelling reason to do otherwise – click “Learn more” if you’d like more details)
After you add the information, be sure to click the “save” button at the bottom.
5. At the top of the upload screen, a unique URL will appear for your new video. When sharing this video (such as on your Facebook wall) simply copy and past this URL.
(click the thumbnail image below to enlarge)
Now, start shooting and uploading more videos!
They DON’T have to be big, elaborate productions! Be sure to read these 3 recent posts we’ve written for you about creating videos:
- Video Creation Basics (1 of 3) Start By Answering A Few Questions
- Video Creation Basics (2 of 3) Simple, Short, Talking Head Vids
- Video Creation Basics (3 of 3) Quick Idea #20, Capturing Fleeting Moments
Integrating Video Content into Your Dental Marketing Efforts
Now that you’ve uploaded your dental marketing video you can share it to your other social media accounts, like Facebook and Instagram. This helps to connect all of your online dental marketing content together. This helps with dental SEO and search engine rankings.
About the Author: Jack Hadley is one of the founding members of My Social Practice located in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is passionate about helping dental practices grow by using dental marketing strategies. If you’d like to book Jack or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that on our dental marketing consultant page. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dentists, and our incredible dental website offering? Learn More!