Table of Contents
- Social Media For Dental Offices With Impact Is Participatory
Social Media For Dental Offices With Impact Is Participatory
DENTAL SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING WITH IMPACT requires more than simply opening accounts! Tom Fishburne wrote a great blog post entitled “Our Facebook Page” where he talks about today’s get-rich-quick-using-social-media mentality.
Tom is a brilliant illustrator and sound dental marketing expert. His point is that many brands (or in our case, dental practices) believe that if you just build a social media for dentists account, the audience will come.
After reading Tom’s post, I left the following comment:
“ Point well taken, Tom. The message I find myself hammering over and over again is, “Social media isn’t something you ‘have’. It’s something you ‘do’”. In my opinion there are two reasons why the get-rich-quick-using-social message is so prevalent. First, most business owners just don’t understand how it works. It’s still thought of as a new approach to traditional marketing. Second, more and more naïve (best case) and/or unscrupulous (worst case) traditional website providers and SEO consultants are “adding” social media to their list of services in a desperate effort to not be left behind. By pitching it as something businesses need to “have”, not “do” they reinforce the notion that by simply signing up the rest takes care of itself. The only way to turn the tide is through education—and keeping the discussion about effective, relationship-based digital marketing strategy independent from the tool(s) of the day—including Facebook.”
Tom’s reply to my comment:
“Hi all. Many thanks for the comments this week. This week’s cartoon print goes to Jack Hadley. I really like his distinction that social media isn’t something you have, it’s something you do. An antisocial brand can’t start using social media marketing ideas and suddenly become social. Many thanks! -Tom”
Then (by the way) he sent me this cool, autographed print I’m about to hang on my office wall:
Sorry, But Nobody Cares About You
In the video below, Seth Godin drives home this point as it relates to YouTube video content. However, exactly the same thing applies to ALL social media for dental offices—whether we’re talking about Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, your blog posts, Tweets, etc.
Social Media For Dental Offices Is Participatory!
Now, now… Don’t be discouraged. Just because nobody cares about you doesn’t mean that they won’t start to care about you and your team over time—that is, if you show interest in them and provide them with content they enjoy and can use.
Social Media For Dental Offices Action Item:
Regardless of where you are in your dental social media marketing efforts, re-commit today to PARTICIPATE and BE a social business (or if you’re already doing a lot of things right, now become even better!).
1. Review with your team what being a social practice means. Make sure you’re all on the same page!
2. Set a social media for dental offices goal to invite five patients (or three, or even one) each day to Like your Facebook page. Role play with team members on the best ways to approach and ask patients. If you need more ideas, here’s an eBook you can download that will help.
3. Set one more social media for dental offices goal to post at least one meaningful, engaging post on your Facebook page each day. If you’re one of our clients, absolutely use the ideas that we put into your publisher account. These social media for dental offices ideas rock and really help with page engagement. If you’re not yet one of our clients here are some great ideas you can use:
- “Asking Questions on Your Dental Practice Facebook Wall”
- “Social media for dentists”
- “21 Posts Showing An Effective Dental Practice Facebook Wall Mix”
The most important thing is to be SOCIAL. The more you participate, the better your social media for dentist offices profiles will become and the easier it will be for patients to find your practice online.
Take a few minutes today to review what social media for dental offices means with your team members and then set three goals that work best for you: invite five new patients each day, post at least one meaningful engagement on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, each day.
If all of this sounds intimidating and you want help enacting these principles, let us know. Our team of experts are ready and waiting our partner with you to create a social media plan that works!
And if you’re interested in getting some help with your social media, please dentist social media service.
This post is part of a the series 26 Dental Social Media Marketing Truths.
Related Social Media For Dental Office Posts:
- SEO & Effective Social Media For Dental Practices, Does It Mix Well?
- Successful Social Media Dental Content Begins With Being Interested
- Extraordinary Social Media Content For Dentists Is About Connection
- How To Run A Successful Social Media Give-a-way
- Instagram 101 For Cosmetic Dentists
About the Author: Adrian Lefler is a dental marketing expert and a key member of the dental social media team at My Social Practice. My Social Practice is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Adrian is passionate about helping with social media for dental offices. Interested in learning more about the benefits of social media for dentists please schedule a complimentary consultation. And, don’t forget to read our Google My Business reviews.