WE’RE SO PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE May’s Social Practice of the Month. Congratulations to Crow Family Dentistry!
About Crow Family Dentistry
Located in Everett, Washington, Crow Family Dentistry provides comprehensive, whole family dental care. Here’s a quote from the home page of their website that helps sum up the culture of their practice:
“At Crow Family Dentistry we understand that a positive dental experience requires more than excellent clinical skills and state-of-the-art equipment. We believe in establishing lasting relationships with our patients. Mutual trust and open communication are very important to us.”
Eight Ways Dr. Crow & Team Are Rockin’ Social Media
1. Awesome Facebook Checkin Deals – Dr. Crow and his team are creative. They are giving away custom grocery totes! This gift is not very expensive for the practice, but has high perceived value (and marketing visibility value as well). The bags include a Facebook message too! (see image below)
2. An Ongoing Goal… to post twice daily on their Facebook page.
3. Full Team Involvement – One of the ways Dr. Crow gets his entire team involved is by assigning different team members different days to post on Facebook.
4. Facebook Like Building – As you KNOW (because we preach about it all the time), Likes for the sake of Likes themselves really don’t mean anything. HOWEVER, thoughtful Likes are an important foundational component of effective Facebook marketing. Dr. Crow and team have worked hard to build their Likes up over 400.
5. Smile For Life – Crow Family Dentistry is participating in this year’s Smiles For Life campaign—an awesome opportunity to help others (and to create a story that spreads).
6. Currently Running A Cool Facebook Photo Promotion – This idea is fun, and is getting good traction!
7. In-Office iPad Investment – Crow Family Dentistry makes it easy for their patients to engage with their practice by providing an iPad for Facebook Checkins.
8. An Incredible Attitude – We can’t say enough about Dr. Crow’s passion for his practice—and for his desire to better serve his patients using social media strategies. We’re certain his patients feel it too.
We asked Dr. Crow…
We asked Dr. Crow what their biggest surprise has been using social media marketing in their practice. He said, “It may not have been a ‘surprise’, but one of our major external marketing sources for over 12 years had suddenly tanked. The return on investment was poor and I had decided to drop it. I’m thrilled that we’ve got the ball rolling on our social media marketing.”
Lesson Learned: Many traditional marketing tools are definitely still relevant and useful. But are you also capitalizing on this opportunity to create stronger relationships online? Hope so!
Next, we asked what social media marketing tactics they’ve had the most success with. Dr. Crow said, “Since we truly, actively launched Facebook to our patients eight months ago we have obtained just over 400 likes and have had weeks where we’ve had over 80 people talking about us. There is no doubt that the engagement with patients has increased communication and patient loyalty. It’s still difficult to track new patient numbers as a result or increased production. But I don’t believe we would have the same momentum without My Social Practice’s support and tools.”
Lesson Learned: Effective social media marketing increases communication and loyalty with your patients. And isn’t about tools—it’s about people. One of the great things about being a My Social Practice client is that you’re learning how to become a “social business”, independent of the tools of the day like Facebook.
When we asked Dr. Crow’s opinion about the biggest benefits of social media for THEIR PATIENTS, he said, “I think the number one benefit to our patients has been their opportunity to get to know all of us better. Our Facebook posts that receive the most engagement from patients are the one where we tell a story about ourselves or what’s happening in our office.”
Lesson Learned: Social media marketing WORKS on many, many levels.
Next, we asked Dr. Crow to share his thoughts about the biggest benefits of social media for THEIR PRACTICE. He said, “It’s hard to figure out what the number one benefit to our practice is as a result of social media. It’s likely patient loyalty and trust. I believe, as these social online relationships continue, patients will be more willing to complete dental treatment and more likely to refer friends and family.”
Lesson Learned: The ROI of social media increases as a direct result of increased loyalty and trust.
When asked his opinion about what’s the HARDEST part of social media marketing, Dr. Crow said, “The hardest part of social media for me, personally, is finding the time to study the tools that have been provided and finding a way to implement all the ideas. Initially, I had challenges having some members of our team help provide content and engagement. I had to make it clear that social media and marketing is part of their job description just as ALL internal marketing has always been. They understand that their salaries is tied to the growth of the practice and that this marketing avenue is necessary.”
Lesson Learned: It’s OK. Baby steps. Just keep being consistent.
We asked Dr. Crow what part(s) of our service/support helps him most. He said, “I’m thrilled so far with MSP’s product. I haven’t had time yet to plow through all of the online tools and all of the blog posts. I’m impressed with the amount of good information there is. However, it’s the promotions and the ability to track patients that enter has been probably the biggest help so far.”
Congratulations to Crow Family Dental on the your remarkable social media mindset! We can all learn from you!