IT’S OK TO ADMIT IT! It’s always nice to have a little help, right? Now, Facebook marketing tools allows you to assign specific roles to specific administrators on your business page.
Table of Contents
How This Can Help Your Practice
Would you like certain team members to participate more on your Facebook page, but you’re not sure if you want to share ALL of the control and functionality with them? This is a common need for business owners—especially in a dental practice, where there are lots of team members with varying levels of involvement in the practice. Of course, determining roles all depends on what you want certain people to do.
Looking at Facebook’s new list of roles and abilities below, here are some examples of what we mean:
- Perhaps you’re bringing a new partner into the practice. You may want that person to be a full Manager, with ALL rights to the page. For purposes of security, keep in mind that when you give somebody all administrative rights, that person has the rights to completely delete your page, or even delete you as an admin (not likely to happen, but be aware that it could).
- Maybe you’d like to give your practice manager the role of Content Creator. This allows that person to post things to your page, and includes all the functionality he or she needs to manage the page without the ability to do those couple of things mentioned above.
- Moderator is the perfect role for someone who you don’t really want to post content (or be the “voice” of the practice), BUT you WOULD like that person to be able to respond to others’ comments. Pretty handy if the page Manager and Content Creator are not available when you’d like to (or need to) respond to someone.
- The last two roles, Advertiser and Insights Analyst are probably roles that will not apply to most dental practices.
How To Do It
A. First, be sure the person Likes your page from their personal Facebook account.
B. Then, you (as an admin) click the “Admin Panel” button in the top right corner of your page. This will reveal the Admin Panel just above your page:
C. Next, click “Edit Page”:
D. Now, click “Admin Roles” in the left sidebar:
- Type the name or email (same email the person uses on their personal Facebook account) of the person you’d like to add as an admin.
- Pick a roll for this new person.
- Click the blue “Save” button. Facebook will ask you to retype your password to confirm this change.
If you’re unsure about the different roles of different admins, click the “Learn more” link or refer to the chart above.
We hope this is helpful as you manage your Facebook page!
Ready To Get Serious About Social Media Marketing In Your Practice?
Do you want to learn how to effectively use social media in your dental or orthodontic practice from people who specialize in social media—instead of from web development companies and SEO-centric consultants who seem to be jumping on the social media bandwagon? If so, call us or email us. It’s the right time to keep your practice on the leading edge and to take advantage of social media marketing for dentists and orthodontists. We look forward to visiting with you.
About the Author: Jack Hadley is one of the founding members of My Social Practice, a dental marketing company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is passionate about helping dental practices grow by using dental marketing strategies. If you’d like to book Jack or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that on our dental marketing consultant page. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dentists, and our incredible dental website offering? Learn More!