Table of Contents
- Successful Social Media Dental Content Begins With Being Interested
- First, Be Interested Not Interesting
- Ready to take your dental practice’s social media channels to the next level?
- Social Media Dental Tools
- Need a new dental website? We can help!
- Social Media Dental Action Item:
- Using Twellow In Your Dental Social Media Marketing
- Five A Week! A Great Social Media Dental Goal
Successful Social Media Dental Content Begins With Being Interested
WOULD YOU WALK INTO A COCKTAIL PARTY, climb up on the bar with a megaphone and start trying to sell your stuff? Of course not—unless you’re just a clueless jerk. Unfortunately, when it comes to social media for dentists, that’s exactly the advice some pundits dish out.
First, Be Interested Not Interesting
Instead, you’d probably look around the party for interesting people that you’d like to get to know. Then, after briefly introducing yourself, you’d ask about the other person. You’d show interest in what they do and who they are. You’d find a “connective point”.
That’s how meaningful relationships begin face to face—and, it’s exactly the same with social media dental strategies.
Social Media Dental Tools
This holds true for every tool in your dental social media toolbox—especially on Twitter. Are you using Twitter yet? Yes, at first it’s a little weird and hard to wrap your head around. It took me six months to begin grasping its enormous value.
In your dental social media marketing, Twitter is about cherry picking the universe for the perfect, local, one-on-one relationships that will—over time—grow your practice. A key component to making this dental marketing work is learning how to quickly research and create connective points.
Twitter can be a great tool for dental professionals looking to build relationships with potential customers. However, it takes time and effort to research your audience on Twitter in order to find the most effective connection points.
This article provides some insight into how you might go about finding these connection points by learning more about their lives or interests outside of work or dentistry.
If you want help with researching your Twitter followers, let us know! Our dental marketing experts are ready and waiting to partner with you in order to create an social media dental marketing plan that drives traffic back into your practice by using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and yes—even Twitter!
Which platform will give you the best results? We’ll figure that out together when we get started working!
For further reading, check out our blog for more tips on using social media dental strategies in your office.
Source: How To Use Twitter For Dental Practices (Social Media Caption Ideas For Dentists)
Social Media Dental Action Item:
If you’re one of our clients, you already have a branded Twitter account that we’ve set up for you. If you’re not one of our clients, get your Twitter account set up. Then, watch the video training below about a Twitter support tool called Twellow that will help you identify, research and benefit from local Twitter relationships.
Using Twellow In Your Dental Social Media Marketing
Five A Week! A Great Social Media Dental Goal
Set a goal to meaningfully follow and engage with five new, local people a week on Twitter. Use Twellow to help you find the right people. If you do it right, Twitter will become an invaluable dental social media marketing tool in your practice.
After you watch the Twellow training video above, if you want to learn more about using Twitter in your dental social media marketing, you may benefit from reading our 7-post series on this topic.
This post is part of a the series 26 Dental Social Media Marketing Truths.
Related Social Media Dental Articles:
- Social Media For Dentists: The Key To Finding New Patients
- 3 Simple Steps To Bring In New Patients With Dental Office Social Media
- Effective Dentists Social Media Requires Your Voice
- Extraordinary Social Media Content For Dentists Is About Connection
- 3 Instagram Tips For Better Social Media
Social Media Dental Q&A:
- How do you create dental content on social media? Posting about dental topics that your patients ask about is a great place to start, or you could take advantage of the vast library of content My Social Practice is constantly updating.
- Do dentists need social media? Social media is the modern town square, and dental content for social media is the best way to get the word out about your practice. If you’re doing dental social media right, patients will feel comfortable with your team before they’ve even met you in person. Great social media marketing for dentists is a great icebreaker and an essential tool to fight against dental anxiety.
- How do you market a dental practice on Instagram? A dental office’s Instagram page is a powerful way to connect with your dental patients and potential patients in the same way friends connect with friends. It’s a way to take control of your practice’s online dental reputation.
- What are some great dental post ideas? You could weigh in on a controversial topic like dangerous dental fads or charcoal toothpaste, or you could make a short video that copies a popular meme format and applies it to something in dentistry.
- Where to start with dental social media content? A great way to start is by working with experts like the team at My Social Practice, who have years of experience working with dental practices on all the major social media platforms and optimizing your website on search engines.
About the Author: Adrian Lefler is a dental marketing expert and a key member of the dental social media team at My Social Practice. My Social Practice is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Adrian is passionate about helping dental practices grow with social media dental support. Interested in learning more about the benefits of social media for dentists please schedule a complimentary consultation. And, don’t forget to read our Google My Business reviews.