WE ALL KNOW IT ISN’T EASY doing the right things day to day. We get tired, right? So whether we’re talking about regular exercise, sound eating habits, great oral hygiene (or in this case, consistent dental social media marketing activity) success often hinges on consistency.
What We’ve Learned Can Help Your Practice
Here at My Social Practice, we have the privilege of working with hundreds of leading-edge, visionary dental and orthodontic practices as clients. We also have the blessing of influencing and educating tens of thousands of practices and dental professionals through our blog, webinars, seminars, speaking gigs and social media platform. The energy in our office is electric! We love what we do each day and we’re grateful for our opportunities.
The practices that integrate the right mindset into their efforts and make a small commitment of time and energy to effective dental social media marketing tactics and strategy see great success. In those rare instances where there isn’t as much traction it nearly always comes down to some combination of these three things:
- They’re inconsistent.
- They’re impatient.
- They don’t fully understand what social media marketing is in a dental practice, or how it works.
So today, let’s work on the first one… Consistency.
If you’re one of our valued clients, we make it super easy for you to be consistent. Just do these two simple things:
- Open the daily email message we send you every business morning entitled, “Social Media Daily Kickstart”. Commit 10-15 minutes a day to doing the things we ask you to do in that email.
- Open the weekly email message we send you once each week entitled, “Social Media Weekly Checklist”. Commit 30 minutes once a week to doing the things we ask you to do in that email.
There you go… Consistency with awesome content in only 1.5 hours a week! We show you how and we make it easy.
If you’re not one of our clients, you can set the same type of consistency goal and strategy. For starters, just do these two simple things:
- Make a commitment each business morning to post one interesting, thoughtful item on your Facebook page. Make sure your settings are set such that you’re pinged when people comment, post or message you. It’s really important that you respond, thank and acknowledge people every time they connect with you through your dental social media marketing platform. Learn from other practices what good Facebook page content is like.
- Create a blog content plan that includes topics you’re passionate about. It’s much easier to be consistent when you have a plan. That way, when you set aside 15 minutes for your dental social media marketing you don’t spend the first 12 minutes scratching your head trying to decide what to do. Read the other posts in this series for great ideas on things to write about.
Your Reliability And Consistency Will Increase Your Patients’ Trust And Loyalty
There’s transference that takes place in patients’ minds in practices that are consistent with their dental social media efforts. The assumption is that if you’re consistent and reliable in providing relevant, educational, honest human content through your social media platform that you also likely provide the same consistency and leading-edge standards in everything you do—including the dental materials and procedures you use, the patient benefit-driven technologies you ascribe to, the way you respond and treat people, the CE you attend, etc.
What do you think? What are some of the things your practice does to stay consistent? Please share your thoughts below, or on our Facebook page! Thanks!