Albert Einstein was talking about dental digital marketing when he said “make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.” Building a thriving dental practice through digital marketing starts with a clear vision of the “why, what, and how.”
Effective marketing starts with purpose, and asks the question “Why?” In our case, we want marketing to build thriving practices. And although thriving practices are also dependent on clinical expertise and management effectiveness, they’re absolutely fueled by their growth and marketing strategies. Which answers the question of “why.”
So, what are the objectives? What are the results we’re looking for? From a marketing perspective, there are only three objectives.
- Attracting the best new patients.
- Better retaining the patients we have.
- Increasing patient spending through greater case acceptance, scheduling more “unscheduled” treatment, helping patients be consistent in their visits, and in some cases, marketing additional services.
These are the answers to “what” that help fulfill the “why.” Next, how do we do it? How do we accomplish the “what” which in turn, fulfills the “why?”
We do it by, first, understanding the 9 Dental Digital Marketing Strategies, then implementing the ones that fit in our particular practice. They include:
- Focusing our marketing efforts in the right places
- Capitalizing on relationships in the communities we serve
- Harnessing the power of social media
- Getting the right reviews in the right places
- Taking advantage of SEO and PPC tactics
- Using content marketing to influence search results and engage with target audiences
- Framing patient and team communications in the context of marketing
- Considering, and marketing other dental-related services
- Committing to a thoughtful budget that will support our plan
There are also many tools and tactics that support these nine strategies. Many of them will be touched on by various speakers during the Dental Digital Marketing Conference, this April in Las Vegas, Nevada. With these nine strategies in mind, we’ve invited 16 specific educators to participate in the conference — each of whom we have great confidence in, and each of whom brings insight and clarity to these nine strategies. These are some of the best minds in dental digital marketing today.
And finally, another important part of this conference will address the “who,” “where,” and “when” of dental digital marketing:
- Which things should you do for yourself, and which ones you should consider outsourcing
- How to not become overwhelmed
- Beginning with the end in mind, and pointing all efforts in the same direction
- Creating a plan, and delegating tasks when appropriate
- Measuring your progress and adjusting your plan
- And of course, keeping it enjoyable! Life’s too short not to.
This is the framework that’s driving the content for the 3rd Annual Dental Digital Marketing Conference. And by the way, Einstein said something else about dental digital marketing: “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
Find New Patients Now With Help From Dental Marketing Experts?
About the Author: Blake Hadley is a dental digital marketing expert and one of the founding members of My Social Practice. My Social Practice is a dental marketing services company located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Blake is passionate about helping dental practices grow. If you’d like to book Blake or one of the other members of My Social Practice’s speaking team, you can do that HERE. Interested in learning more about the benefits of SEO for dental practices or our agile dental website development service, you can learn more here.